12.08.2011

Training Breakdown and Video!

So, I had been really procrastinating the training for Aconcagua, dreading it.....seriously.  I don't know what came over me, but with the help of @samsonthewarior, I have been going on daily hikes with about 60-65lbs on my back.  It's been killer, but I couldn't be in a better training environment, especially with the cold/snowy hikes.  But its also become something more than training.  Its given me a real chance to get outside and appreciate the beauty of Boulder and Colorado.

 Its a way of me saying bye slowly.  It has also just given me so much more energy and makes me feel fulfilled.  I haven't decided what I'm going to do after I head to DC but I'm guessing it'll be doing the treadmill at an incline, in a gym... (TERRIBLE).  Really not looking forward to it.  I'll never forget when I was 12 and started training for Kilimanjaro with my dad.  Every morning he'd wake me up around 5:30 or 6am and we'd go to the basement and rotate lunges, walking at inclines, and lifting.  I mean...I was twelve...it was absolute hell.

What is most important to understand is how incredibly important training is.  As bad as it sucks sometimes, it'll make the "suffer-fest" that much more endurable.  It'll increase your chance of survival. It will make my experience so much better.  So I gotta keep truckin'.  I leave in exactly one month, so from now on I will be hitting it harder than ever.  I also need to cut back smoking, all of you who know me, know I have a bad habit.  It'll happen, its just going to be hard.  And again, it'll be something that makes my climb a lot less challenging.

Here's a video of one of our hikes.  @samsonthewarior kills it with the camera

Sundown Hike- by @samsonthewarior

PS, I havent decided whether Ill keep blogging updates on my trip itinerary and training, or wait until the traveling starts...seeing as how this has become somewhat addicting, you can expect to hear a lot more from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment