12.07.2011

Overview of "The Plan"

I have a very loose plan. It may seem organized, but who knows which of those things I will actually do.  That's why it's hilarious that I'm even putting this up.  So head's up, I'm calling myself out now. 


What I know for sure is, My dad and I are attempting to Climb  Mt. Aconcagua, the highest mountain in the Americas, 6962m (22841 ft), in January. We will, if completed, have climbed three of the Seven Summits together.  


After our HOPEFUL summit, we will fly to Buenos Aires and relax, soak up the argentinian culture and just blow off the steam.  My dad only gets to stay a week.  When he leaves, I'm enrolling in spanish school and staying in student/hostel housing.  I am pumped to spend some time in Buenos Aires because I've heard only amazing things.  There are a lot of places I want to see though, so I have to keep moving.  


From BA I will either head north to Rio, then Down to Patagonia or head South to Patagonia for some arctic adventures, and fit Rio in later.  I am not sure I am going to be into much more cold weather after Aconcagua, so we'll see how long I last down there.  I definitely want to spend some time down there.


From Patagonia, I'm gonna bus back up the west coast of Chile, hitting some snowboard spots, surfing spots, kayak/rafting spots, climbing spots and any kind of safe, healthy fun I can find.  I am truly up for anything and everything along the way.  I have a job opportunity as an outdoor kayak/hiking guide at the base of the Andes in Chile. My taking that job will depend where I'm at, how I'm feeling.  


I plan to hit Peru and hike the inka trail up to Machu Picchu.  Take a ride through Peru's Capital, Lima, and hopefully crash beaches along the way.  


Then into Ecuador.  I have another job/volunteer opportunity teaching english and music to local children.  This is probably what I'm most excited about.  I've always wanted to do this and just looking forward to workin with children.  It's in the North in the Cloud forests of Ecuador, and there is a Eco-Lodge with a volunteer focus there. The amount of time I volunteer will depend on my passion for what I find there.


I will most likely finish my trip diving off the Galapagos Islands! 


But Let's be real, this trip is a blank canvas...and I'm just going to paint it as I go :P

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying the whole time for you but what a great trip. Looking forward to the blogs. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimbo this looks awesome. Have a great time dude I'll be following you as you go

    ReplyDelete