1.02.2012

No iPAD on the mountain HA / more prepping

Hello everybody.  No I haven't left yet!  Sunday, the 8th, is the day.  I wanted to let everybody know that I will not (and cannot) update my blog on Aconcagua.  Which means there will be 16 of the most insanely strenuous and monumental days of my life missing!...at first.  Alongside the blog, I am keeping a journal throughout my trip (more personal and private :) but I will either scan the handwritten journal entries (which I think would be pretty cool) or just transcribe them onto these style posts.  Preferences or ideas would be appreciated.

I will try and blog the first couple of days (travel + a couple days of suiting up etc.) and then I will let you know my expected return date, and will let everybody know I'm alive and either successful or unsuccessful.  I should be back and updating on a consistent basis.  If anybody has any ideas or directions I can take this blog, find me on FB or shoot me an email.   I'm still looking for my theme or my central focus at what I'm trying to do besides just narrating my travels.  I want to be able to offer something to people.  I don't think it is, but if my internal dialogue is enough, then hey, that's easy!

I had an amazing New Years in NYC.  I've had some pretty bad and boring new years the last several years and decided that I needed to go big.  And I did and it was absolutely worth it.  Had a blast.

I will not be explaining every piece of equipment because that'd be silly now that I think of it. But if you have questions shoot.  I'll try to at least attach my equipment list, which should give you an idea of how cold it will be up there :/ .  Anyways just thought I'd catch everyone up... I know it's been the most boring blog in the entire world but just wait!

This week is all working out and preparation.  I still need to finalize everything and take care of logistics.  I also need to pack for the second portion (everything other than Aconcagua) which will be interesting to see how it goes.

I am leaving Sunday the 8th.  I want to be able to say bye to people, but I know it's going to be a crazy week so please check in and say bye! Especially Giselle!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment